Neopian Times Submissions and Check List
The Submission Form
Now that you have chosen what you are going to submit, here's an explanation about what to do.
Submission Form link
Access. You can access the Submission Form link (screenshot to the right) on the main page of The Neopian Times. Or, simply click here .
Content. The link will take you to a page where you will be able to see 5 submission buttons. At the beginning, you will find a short FAQs that will help you submit your work.
Features. TNT also has a Tips page , where you can read about what they are sort of looking for. I suggest you always read this part, to double check what you did.
Completing the form. Click on the button that matches your entry. And fill in the title of your article, story, etc. Then paste your work and write a comment if you wish.
The Waiting. Now all you have to do is cross your fingers and wait!
In case you haven't noticed, here's the Neopets policy that is written at the very end.
"IMPORTANT - SUBMISSION POLICY!
By uploading or otherwise submitting any materials to Neopets, you (and your parents) are automatically granting us permission to use those materials for free in any manner we can think of forever throughout the universe. These materials must be created ONLY by the person submitting them -you cannot submit someone else's work. Also, if you're under age 18, ALWAYS check with your parents before you submit anything to us!"
Here's a simple list of things you need to double check before submitting your work
- Check your grammar and spelling.
- Make sure your title matches your story.
- Check the word count and image requirements (if you are submitting one).
- Read all of the regulations and guidelines that they have.
- Make sure you are on the right Neopets account :).
- Get a snack and a drink and reward yourself for your hard work.
Around a week after you've submitted, you will receive a neomail notification of whether your submission was rejected, accepted, or held over. Here is an explanation of each outcome.
- Accepted. Congratulations - your submission has been accepted and will appear in the next issue of the Neopian Times!
- Held Over. Entries are usually held over at first for further consideration. This is a good sign, as you have a high (but not 100%) chance of being published in the future. Held overs usually take two weeks to a month, before you get another neomail, telling you whether you were accepted or rejected.
- Rejected. Your submission isn't being considered and will not, for now, be published in a future issue. The neomail also tells you why you were rejected, however. Reasons include too many spelling/grammar mistakes, too common subject, breaks the rules and too many good entries. Too many good entries means that there is nothing in particular wrong with your submission, but you are encouraged to resubmit. If you are rejected for that reason, though, it is recommended that you go over your submission and try to improve it first to increase your chances of being published.
Good luck, and happy publishing!
Next sleep in 2h, 1m, 28s.
Oct 15: 4 AM/PM NST
Oct 16: 9 AM/PM NST
Oct 17: 2 AM/PM NST
The Runway Contest
Click here to enter the next round!
Recently At Forums
- Tuesday, October 15
- Happy Bori Day!
- Postponing round 88 - I messed up
- Odd Question: Free NC Gift
- Maraquan Grackle Bug eats Cheops Plant!